Saturday, August 18, 2007

There is something wrong with me

Why is it that I find Cheerios smells like urine and that Coors tastes like apple juice?

There must be something wrong with me. There is probably one possible explanation to this personal phenomenon. That this is the work of the products themselves, with the added chemicals that affect its taste and smell.

Much like what is pertained in the book "Fast Food Nation," I believe that there are chemists who try to evoke emotional responses in what we eat/drink. Like in the case of a recent study in which young children preferred vegetables if they are wrapped in McDonald's containers.

This theory applied to the Coors beer makes sense, yet I don't think it would be anyone's intention to make cold cereal smell like pee. It's kind of a turn off.

No comments: